Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dull complexion at age 20?

I smoked for a couple years a while back completely oblivious at the effect it was having on my skin specifically my face. Quit smoking and drank a lot of green tea ( I work for a green tea co, so easily 8-10 cups a day) the caffine in the tea ended up making me break out really bad, again, completely oblivious that it was the tea I thought it was stress or sugar. Finally figured it out and switched to caffine free... (Insult to injury, I first was worried about my lifeless skin, then moderate acne, now acne scars!) when acne cleared I went to the dermatologist and got a chemical peel to even the skin tone. Which helped a lot with skin tone and scaring, but I still feel that I'm quite pale... I exfoliate with a vitamin c scrub once a week, use a natural pomegrant softening toner, eye cream for my always tired looking eyes, and a vitamin c moisturzer with spf 30. I don't tan cuz I know how bad it is for skin and I feel like I'm basically doing everything right .. my sleeping schedule is pretty bad but I still get 7-8 hours of sleep and I eat healthy when I can ( not my choice my mom buys all the groceries so I don't have my pick of fresh veggies and fish) stopped taking hair skin and nail vitamins cuz I felt they weren't doing much. BTW, my skin tone is a really nice olive. I'm black Korean and white so its more of a tan light skinned black girl thing going on. My skin on the face just looks dull and lifeless no matter what I do and I know its from smoking, but I've been told that the skin has really amazing healing abilities, especially since I'm young. I plan on exersizing some more but I'm a pretty fit person as well. Sorry about the rant but I'm pretty confused as to what else I need to do here. Oh and its been like 7-8 months since I quit smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment