Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What can I do if I have a fibula stress fracture?

Ok so I am a freshman girl going to be a sophomore and I do cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track. About 2 weeks ago i just started running again after 3 weeks after track ended due to another injury in my thigh. Within a week of running I developed this pain in my fibula right above my ankle that hurts when I touch and run on it. After looking on the Internet I have come to the conclusion that i may and probably have a fibula stress fracture. I am going to the doctor and getting an MRI done next week and needless to say I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. My question is what can I do that will help me keep me in shape without running so I can do moderately good in xc? I have a pool (it's not very big) but I don't have a bike but I can probably get one because my dad is always asking to go bike riding with him. Also, do you think I will be running before xc starts? I hope so because xc is my favorite season. I am a really active person so i am trying my hardest to stay active.

No comments:

Post a Comment