Monday, July 18, 2011

Is my finger jammed or broken?

Today, me and my friend were playing around and she jokingly tried to hit me with her flip-flop. My automatic instinct was to put my hand up, of course, but her shoe was made out of harder material and it bent my finger back pretty badly. It automatically started hurting really bad, and it swelled up and got kind of red. It was also itchy and felt hot. I couldn't move it much. That was a few hours ago, and the redness and itchiness went away, but my finger is still swollen and like, bent. It's kind of hard to explain; when I hold my hand normal, that one finger is in a bent position. It's still swollen, especially the bottom part. It also still has that warm feeling and is stiff. I can move it, but I can't hold it out straight, and when I try to bend it, it has this sort of "tight" feeling in the swollen area. It's not black or blue or anything, and it doesn't hurt as much as it did when it first happened. I personally don't think it's broken, but I've never really jammed my finger that badly, or had any finger injuries before.Do you think I just bruised it badly or is it broken?

No comments:

Post a Comment