Thursday, July 21, 2011

Theatre kid seeking help with covering self-injury scars?

Hi, okay so let me get to the point: I cut, up and down my inner left wrist. I just do, and it's none of your business to tell me that it's a problem and I should stop (go ahead, tell me, and see how much I care). Anyway, I'm a stage actress and I'm performing in an upcoming production of Seussical in the next two weeks. I found out today that my costume is essentially a leotard and a boa. Nothing to cover my arms, and I dance (so I obviously have to use my arms comfortably). Now, you can see my problem: I can't cover all of the fresh, obviously self inflicted, cuts on my arms and going to my director and asking her to help me with the costume is the LAST thing I want to do. What makeup/cheap stage makeup can I buy to cover them effectively? I was thinking of buying a tub of Mortician's Wax, but I don't have $30 at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you (:

No comments:

Post a Comment